Group therapy led by speech pathologists specialized in childhood apraxia of speech
Kaufman-Apraxia Boot Camp is a speech-language based group therapy program designed to increase speech formulation, automaticity, language content and structure for children (up to age 6) who have apraxia of speech or phonological processing disorder. These children benefit greatly from frequent and intensive speech-language therapy.
K-ABC’s treatment approach and goals were developed and adapted from the Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol.
Kaufman-Apraxia Boot Camp Features:
- Kaufman-trained speech-language pathologists
- 30 hours of individualized speech therapy, motor lab and music therapy
- Pre-testing for identification of individual speech and language targets
- Songs and stories with individualized targets provided by a certified music therapist
- Sensorimotor lab guided by licensed occupational therapists
- Detailed final report with summary of goals and progress
- Home program for carryover of K-ABC goals and concepts
Each Kit Contains:
- Hands-on materials/manipulatives with directions
- Three illustrated, hardcover books
- Music CD of camp songs
- Binder and bag to organize materials
Summer 2019 Kaufman-Apraxia Boot Camp runs July 8 - 25
The application process opens February 1, 2019. Please check back at that time to apply. For more information on the program or application process, please contact Mimi Branham, Clinic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$3,300 (includes kit)
For more information, contact Mimi Branham.