These are websites that The Carruth Center staff recommend for parents to gain a better understanding of the variety of topics that affect children who have language and learning differences.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: Leading professional association for audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, support personnel, and students
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association: Texas professional membership organization for SLPs, audiologists, Texans who have speech or hearing disorders, and students of speech-language pathology
- International Dyslexia Association: Provides resources for professionals and families dealing with reading disabilities
- Houston Branch of the International Dyslexia Association: Non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with dyslexia by connecting them to the network of professionals affiliated with the International Dyslexia Association
- Attention Deficit Disorders Association (Southern Region): A resource network designed to support those with attention deficit disorders and related conditions
- National Center for Learning Disabilities: Resource for parents and educators regarding the different types of learning disabilities that affect children and adults
- LD Online: The leading website for understanding learning disabilities and ADHD
- LD Resources: A collection of resources – lists of schools, professionals, organizations and tools – regarding a variety of learning disabilities
- The National Association for Child Development: Toolkit designed to help parents help their child “achieve their innate potential”
- Developmental Delay Resources (DDR): Network resource that integrates conventional and holistic approaches for parents and professionals who support children who have special needs.
- Neuhaus Education Center: Non-profit educational foundation dedicated to promoting reading success by providing evidence-based professional development to educators, resources and support to parents, and direct services for adult learners
- Special Schools Coalition: Network of special educators in non-profit schools who are dedicated to collaboration, resource-sharing and increased community awareness and support
- Autism Speaks: Organization dedicated to funding research, raising awareness of and advocating for individuals with autism
- IDA Dyslexia Handbook: What every family should know
- Understood.org: For learning & attention issues
- Dubard Association Method: A phonetic, multisensory teaching-learning strategy designed for children with language deficiencies.
Although The Carruth Center includes links providing direct access to other internet sites, The Carruth Center has not participated in the development of those sites, does not monitor such sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. Therefore, The Carruth Center takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, or reliability, security or privacy policies of these sites.